Sunday, June 1, 2014

Loopy-Loo Crochet Cushion

Recently I shared with you this pillow that I made. It only used up about half of the yarn from the color pack I had bought. Seeing as it's chunky yarn I felt like I was really limited in what else I could make with such a small amount of yarn, so I made another pillow. I did this loopy interlocking stripe stitch that looked kind of crazy in the making, but in the end made up this texture that I am in love with.


The basic pattern is a base of single crochet combined with chains that dangle in these big loops that look like mistakes, and then you loop them together and it looks nifty. Let me know in the comments if you'd like a tutorial. It's so easy--you only need to know how to chain and single crochet.


I started to run low on certain colors towards the end, so I had to kind of just make it work. The button flap isn't as long as I'd like it to be, but it works.


I didn't have enough of any one color to make the stripe where the buttons would go, so I used the little of each of the colors I had left to make the flap. I added a few extra rows so that the buttons fell more towards the middle of it instead of along the edge.


The first cover I made was quite a bit too large for the pillow insert I had, so I bought a larger one for that, and then used the original for this one as it was a little bit smaller. They're in there nice and snug, so they should look good for a while.


Here they are together. I do like the button placement on this one a little more, but I do wish that flap could have been longer. These weren't as quick to make as you'd think, and there were a ton of ends to weave in, but I do love the results. And I'm almost giddy that I used all the yarn. Some girls like jewelry, I like using up my craft stash. That's the stuff that makes the world interesting :)

Linking up here:

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes, we need a tute! I love the look of that loopy stitch! So much texture! Love it!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. that really is a fab stitch, I'd like a tutorial! I know what you meaning about that feeling when you use up some of your stash. it doesn't happen to me often with yarn, I have about a hundred tiny balls of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really cute and cheerful!!! I love your pillows them!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fun idea! I can't crochet to save myself though, so I'll have to pass on the tute lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that texture! So cozy! I'm happy when I use up a stash item too, unless it's something I hate to part with. I like your button placement on this one better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow! Absolutely beautiful - great color choices. I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute pillows!! The buttons make them even cuter!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful Bethany. The little chain on top looks like jumbo knitting. Thanks for linking this to my Weekend Link Party too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cushions!! LOVE the colors, and the texture came out amazing :-) Visiting (and new subscriber) from Finish It Up Friday :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love!! And I would love to understand how the last loop (after you've chained the loops through one another) is fastened down seamlessly. Motif or instructions please! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you just grab the top stitch of the top loops with your single crochet in the final row(s) of sc? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through the whole loop as I thought it felt more secure, but that's pretty much the idea!

      Delete
  12. Lovely colorful cushions! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...